Tools for School
- From July 6, 2012 at 12:00am until August 6, 2012 at 12:00pm
Next 5 Upcoming Occurrences:
- No upcoming occurrences.
Location: Various Drop Off Locations
The Salvation Army Tools for School program is once again accepting donations. Tools for School is designed to provide basic school supplies for children whose parents cannot afford the items necessary for their children to succeed in school. The Salvation Army Tools for School program helps to compensate for some of these basic expenses by supplying children with book bags, notebooks, pens, pencils, etc for students in grades K – 12. This program operates on the charity of the community who donate needed supplies during the summer months along with partnerships with Saint Anne Home, WANE-TV, and STAR 88.3.
How To Donate
Drop off your items in any of the Red Tools for School barrels which can be found at many locations around the community or you can bring you donations to our 2901 North Clinton Street address.
Barrel Locations include the following public and private sites.
Saint Anne Home
Walgreens – all locations
Wal-Mart – all locations
Christ’s Church at Georgetown
Vintage Archonics, Inc
If you wish to make a monetary gift you can mail your donation to our 2901 North Clinton Street address and make sure you designate it for our Tools for School program.
- Backpacks, Backpacks, Backpacks! This is our highest needed item!
- Notebooks – wide rule and college rule
- Filler Paper – wide rule and college rule
- Kleenex / Tissues
- Pencil Boxes – small enough to fit in a school desk
- Folders – pocket and three prong
- Washable Markers – thin and fat
- Crayons – 24 count boxes
- Pencils and Pens
- Glue Bottles and Glue Sticks
- Dray Erase Markers (black, green, red, blue, purple)
- Composition Books
Other Needs – suggest monetary donations as these items are specific to individual schools and classes
- Pocket Dictionary
- Flash Drives